Running a business is no easy task, especially when you have to file taxes each year to ensure that you are in compliance with current regulations. Having the expertise of an accountant throughout the year and especially during tax season can relieve much of the stress you may feel at tax time.
Making financial decisions for your business without consulting an accountant can put your business at risk and even cost you more money in the long run. However, if you make yourself aware of some of the best practices for small business taxes, you can ensure that your business operations are headed in the right direction.
Every business should have confidence in their taxes! We have done thousands of small business taxes at Motl Accounting and have here for you some of the best practices for small business taxes.
- Hire an Accountant. Hiring an accountant will greatly benefit your business! Throughout the year, your accountant will track your income and spending ensuring that you don’t have cash flow problems, as well as monitor your gross and net profits. This way, when it comes time to prepare your taxes, you will have all you need to properly file.
- Keep Records. Keeping accurate records throughout the year of all of your business transactions will ensure that your tax return is correct. With inadequate record keeping, you could be leaving out deductions or even putting yourself at risk for an audit. It’s best to invest in an accounting software to assist you with keeping track of all of your income and expenses.
- Understand the Difference Between Net & Gross Income. Business owners often forget to take into account the difference between their net and gross income. If your product costs more money to make than you charge for it, you will lose money, regardless of how many units you sell. It’s important to know what your gross and net profits are so that you can better forecast and ensure that your taxes are accurately prepared.
- Correctly Classify Your Business. By failing to correctly classify your business, you could result in overpaying taxes. Each business classification will have a different effect on your taxes, whether it be Limited Liability or Sole Proprietor. It’s important to consult with your accountant or attorney to discover the best classification for your own business.
- Manage Your Payroll. The IRS typically checks every quarter to ensure that a business’s payroll taxes have been paid. Therefore, it is recommended that you hire a reputable company to assist with your payroll. Whether you are working with classic fax reporting, paper checks, or even electronic reporting and direct deposit, you will want assurance that yours is handled as it should be.
By properly filing your taxes, you can have confidence in the overall operations of your business. These are just a few practices that you will want to keep in mind when it comes to your own business taxes.
With that being said, if you are seeking an accountant to assist your business, please get in touch with us here at Motl Accounting. With years of accounting experience in the Chicagoland area, we would be pleased with the opportunity to provide you with our tax services that provides business owners peace of mind.
Hiring an accountant is beneficial for any business! Your company will experience different stages of growth and great accountants assist you with staying on track as your business evolves. From creating business plans to handling tax audits, an accountant will be able to guide you through each experience.
Some business owners however avoid outsourcing accounting services, thinking that it will save them money. However, accounting services can actually offer great returns on investments.
If you are curious as to when you should hire your own accountant, you are in luck! Here at Motl Accounting, we have comprised some great insights for you. If you would like to learn more, be sure to continue reading:
- Are You Ready to Boost Your Income? If you are ready to increase your income, it’s time to hire an accountant. All businesses rely on a steady cash flow and by hiring an accountant, you can help your business optimize and regularize a revenue stream. They will oversee your accounts receivable, improve debt collection and advise on wise investments. In addition, an accountant can also review market rates for your products or services, so that your prices are adjusted accordingly, allowing you to maximize your income.
- Are You Ready to Save Time? As a business professional, you are busy! If you are ready to save some time, turn your accounting needs over to an accountant. You have enough on your plate and shouldn’t have to worry about taxes, compliance, bookkeeping or payroll. By hiring an accountant, all of this weight will be taken off your shoulders and will be handled by the professionals.
- Are You Ready to Prepare Your Taxes? Taxes are a daunting subject for any business. If you are aren’t ready to handle yours, it’s time to seek the services of an accountant. From quarterly payments to annual filings, your accountant should ensure that your business taxes are handled properly, giving you peace of mind. After all, you wouldn’t want to put yourself at risk of an audit.
- Are You Ready to Create Forecasts? As a business owner, you want to make sure that your finances stay on track as your business grows. It may be time for you to sit down with an accountant to create the right plans for your business. Whether you are preparing to impress an investor or needing to hire more staff, your accountant can create models and projections to assist you with making the right decisions for the upcoming months and years.
As you can see, an accountant is a wonderful asset to a business! We have helped many businesses with all these insights and more. These are just a few things that you should keep in mind if you are considering hiring your own accountant.
If you are all set to begin working with your own accountant, contact us here at Motl Accounting. Our goal is to ensure that our clients have peace of mind, when it comes to their accounting. We would be honored to work with you and assist you with our accounting services in Dundee, Illinois.
In order to maintain a successful business, it’s advisable to work on keeping your finances in check. Bookkeeping is the recording of financial transactions made by your business and is an essential aspect of ensuring that your accounting remains on track.
Overall, bookkeeping is similar to going to the doctor…no one wants to take the time to do it, but it is something that can’t be neglected. Therefore, in order to save you time and to have confidence in your business’s finances, you should consider outsourcing your bookkeeping operations to a vetted bookkeeper.
We understand just how important it is for your business operations to run smoothly! Our award winning accounting services provide bookkeeping for several businesses in Dundee, IL and neigbouring cities That’s why we at Motl Accounting have gathered some benefits of hiring a bookkeeper for your own business. If you are looking to gain some great insights, here they are:
- Prevents Errors. Even the most experienced business owners make mistakes when it comes to their books. From data entry errors, missing entries, double entries and even mixing up types of expenses, there is certainly a great deal of room for errors to occur. By hiring a bookkeeper, you can ensure that their keen eye won’t miss any errors.
- Saves You Time. You are busy as a business professional! Do you really want to spend time managing your books and paying bills when there are other areas of the business that need more of your attention. Bookkeepers know when it’s time to spend within your budget, along with accurately invoicing and handling your accounts receivable. By hiring a bookkeeper, you can have more time to focus on your business operations, while also having confidence that your bills are paid on time.
- Provides You with Insight. As a business owner, you may believe that you have a good sense about the state of your business’s finances. However, having another pair of eyes overseeing yours could provide you with some surprising insight! Bookkeepers typically provide reports that show you how your business is doing each month, where the funds are going and how your efforts are paying off. This way you can see the big picture once the numbers are crunched and learn of areas where you may need to make improvements.
- Saves You Money. Without money you wouldn’t be profitable as a business. Therefore, saving it in any way that you can is certainly of importance! The salary and benefits of hiring an in-house bookkeeper can be significant. So by outsourcing your bookkeeping services, you can save a great deal of money while still having your finances taken care of.
A bookkeeper is a wonderful asset to a business! Our clients appreciate the relationships they have with their dedicated bookkeepers and the technology we have for them to have access to their statements at their convenience. These are just a few of the many reasons as to why you should consider hiring your own.
If you are ready to learn about our bookkeeping services, or ready to have us assist you, please get in touch with us here at Motl Accounting. As a leader in the Northwest Suburbs, we would be pleased to have the opportunity to assist your business with our award winning accounting services.
The Professional Association of Small Business Accountants Holds 12th Annual Awards Ceremony and Honors Six Members
Sunny Isles Beach, FL, May 9, 2018 — The Professional Association of Small Business Accountants held its 12th annual awards ceremony at the 2018 Spring Marketing Conference in Sunny Isles Beach this week. Six well-deserving members were honored with awards during the conference dinner party, located at Trump International Beach Resort. The winners were chosen in four award categories, including PASBA Accounting Firm of the Year.
The Motl Family were chosen as the 2018 large practice recipient of the Association’s Accounting Firm of the Year for their firm, Motl Accounting. The Motl’s were nominated by the members of the association to receive this outstanding award that honors a member who has consistently demonstrated the beliefs of the association’s motto, Teach~Share~Learn. The Motl’s have been members of the Professional Association of Small Business Accountants for 18 years and have served on the Board of Directors, Website Committee, National Conference Planning Committee, Payroll University, Future of PASBA Committee and presented at multiple conferences.
The Professional Association of Small Business Accountants represents Certified Public Accountants, Public Accountants, and Enrolled Agents who provide accounting services to small businesses throughout the United States. Members of the Association have built a nationwide network of accountants to benefit small business clients across the country. Using the collective resources of this network, Association members offer their clients a level of service and expertise that individual practices are unable to rival.
For more information, visit www.smallbizaccountants.com.
4919 Lamar Ave.
Mission, KS 66202
Every new business owner begins with a vision of how things will be a few years down the line. What you probably never imagined were piles of paperwork and payroll headaches! It makes sense to handle payroll processing by yourself when you only have a few employees – there isn’t too much to keep track of, and you can easily resolve problems quickly. As your company scales up, what was once a small task can quickly become something that’s not as manageable. You might even have a run in with the IRS if you make a mistake. Feeling helpless? An outside payroll service like Payroll Vault may be just what you need to get back on track.
Our payroll service, overseen by Blair Motl, provides unmatched client service and powerful scalable solutions that meet the needs of all types of businesses. The benefits of outsourcing your payroll can make a significant difference in the success of your business and your work-life balance. Here are some of the benefits of outsourcing your payroll:
You’ll Save Time
A few hours spent on payroll every week can really add up throughout the year. Whether you’re processing the paperwork yourself or hiring internal staff to do it, you’re in a fight against the clock. There aren’t enough hours in the day for one person to handle the responsibilities of several full-time employees. Payroll tasks are a lot like the backstage of a theatrical production — important, but what really matters is what happens on the main stage. For businesses, your sales and other revenue generating activities should be front and center.
You’ll Save Money
As the saying goes, time is money, and that is especially true for business owners. It’s typically more costly to hire an internal accountant or payroll specialist than to outsource the job. When you choose Motl Accounting, you get all the benefits of an in-house accountant, without the added expenses. What that means for your business is that you can call our Motl Accounting office in Dundee, IL at any time and speak to a member of our accounting bookkeeping and payroll team. Someone that is familiar with your account will be available to answer your payroll concerns. It’s a fast, reliable and easy way to handle tasks that could otherwise cause financial headaches. Our Payroll Vault team assists by ensuring you have the right tools in place to save you money.
Our systems are used by an amusement park in the Dundee area and Payroll Vault helps them ensure employees are correctly logging in. This, in turn, helps the business save money since payroll is done digitally and not through physical time sheets which are prone to more errors.
You will Stress Less
We all know the feeling of spending extra hours in the office to get things done. Sometimes workplace responsibilities mean that business owners can’t give their friends and family the attention they’d like to give. When this goes on for too long, it can take a toll on a person’s mental wellbeing. Payroll should never get in the way of your personal life. When you start to dread going to work because you know payroll responsibilities are coming up, it’s time to look into outside options. Our co-owner and EA Brent Motl always stresses the fact that we at Motl Accounting and Payroll Vault are in the business of providing peace of mind to our clients.
You Will Get Payroll Experts
Payroll is a meticulous process with small details you may not have the expertise to handle on your own. Tax tables, regulatory changes, new government forms and withholdings are important pieces of the payroll puzzle. In the past, only large corporations were able to stay on top of every payroll detail. Small and medium sized businesses were often left to fend for themselves and many relied on a costly accountant on staff. Outsourcing your payroll to the Motl Accounting team makes sense — both from a business and common sense perspective. Our team is highly experienced and trained on the ins and outs of payroll processing.
Running a business has its perks, but taking care of payroll isn’t one of them. There’s nothing glamorous about devoting your attention to pay stubs, direct deposit or tax forms. So when you feel like your head’s about to explode, allow yourself the luxury of calling Payroll Vault to check all the payroll boxes for you. You will be able to devote more attention to growing your business and the more you grow your business, the more employees there are to handle payroll for. We understand that you don’t take business decisions lightly, so contact Blair Motl and the Payroll team to see how we can help with your payroll. Start growing without unnecessary stress today! We work with businesses all throughout the Chicago area.