Growing as a business is certainly of importance to most business owners. After all, you will want your company to flourish and continue to experience growth for many years to come. However, in order for your business to head in a positive direction, it helps to utilize proper financial planning and analyzing…that’s where an accountant comes into play!
Are you aware of how accountants can benefit your own business? Many might believe an accountant just helps with the crunching of numbers, but you’ll be surprised that great accounting practices actually help businesses grow and generate more profits in the process.
We understand just how beneficial an accountant can be for a business! We have helped several businesses in the Chicagoland area and provided them with great information that’s helped their businesses. That’s why we have gathered five ways in which accountants can help a business grow by working with an accountant like Motl Accounting in Dundee, Illinois. If you would like to discover what these ways are, be sure to continue reading:
- Creates Budgets & Forecasts Reporting. It’s important that every business has a plan for their future. Therefore, you will want to set up goals to achieve over the next year, as well as create charts and graphs to keep yourself on track and complete them. By working with an accountant, you can have reports created which will showcase how your fixed and variable costs compare with your sales volume throughout the year, providing you with knowledge of the market conditions that you will need for profitable growth.
- Discovers Key Performance Indicators. Every business has key performance indicators. If you are in retail, you might use inventory turnover for construction or it might be job costing. Your accountant should assist you with discovering yours, as well as advise on methods to set up reports, allowing you to see how they perform over time so that you can make the best decisions for your business for its future growth.
- Maintains Cash Flow Projections. If there is one thing you want to understand as a business, it’s your cash flow! After all, without cash your business wouldn’t be able to operate at the level you’d want it to. An accountant will create financial reports right out of your accounting software which will assist you with planning your key performance indicators and properly maintaining your cash flow. It’s important to know how to expand your product lines, increase direct costs and add employees in a way that keeps your cash flowing just as it should.
- Determines Your Businesses Value. It’s important that you know the value of your business so that you can plan for your future. Seeing as opportunities or life events can present themselves at any time, you will want to know how much your business is worth, given the current market conditions. An accountant can assist you with getting to determine your businesses value, so that you can maximize it and your tax liability. We have professionals we partner with at Molt Accounting that help our clients with business valuations.
- Creates Advisory Boards. For your business to remain fiscally strong and healthy, you will want to be advised and know what to expect for the years to come. An accountant will work with you to develop a system so that you can forecast budgets, cash flow management and an overall financial analysis for your business. This way you can monitor your goals and business growth through a dashboard and ensure that it is always headed in a positive direction.
These are just a few ways in which an accountant like us can assist your own business with growing.
Are you ready to work with an accountant in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago to grow your own business and provide your peace of mind in the process? If so, please get in touch with us one of our accounting therapists at Motl Accounting, as we would be pleased with the opportunity to assist you with doing so!
The Professional Association of Small Business Accountants Holds 12th Annual Awards Ceremony and Honors Six Members
Sunny Isles Beach, FL, May 9, 2018 — The Professional Association of Small Business Accountants held its 12th annual awards ceremony at the 2018 Spring Marketing Conference in Sunny Isles Beach this week. Six well-deserving members were honored with awards during the conference dinner party, located at Trump International Beach Resort. The winners were chosen in four award categories, including PASBA Accounting Firm of the Year.
The Motl Family were chosen as the 2018 large practice recipient of the Association’s Accounting Firm of the Year for their firm, Motl Accounting. The Motl’s were nominated by the members of the association to receive this outstanding award that honors a member who has consistently demonstrated the beliefs of the association’s motto, Teach~Share~Learn. The Motl’s have been members of the Professional Association of Small Business Accountants for 18 years and have served on the Board of Directors, Website Committee, National Conference Planning Committee, Payroll University, Future of PASBA Committee and presented at multiple conferences.
The Professional Association of Small Business Accountants represents Certified Public Accountants, Public Accountants, and Enrolled Agents who provide accounting services to small businesses throughout the United States. Members of the Association have built a nationwide network of accountants to benefit small business clients across the country. Using the collective resources of this network, Association members offer their clients a level of service and expertise that individual practices are unable to rival.
For more information, visit www.smallbizaccountants.com.
4919 Lamar Ave.
Mission, KS 66202
Every new business owner begins with a vision of how things will be a few years down the line. What you probably never imagined were piles of paperwork and payroll headaches! It makes sense to handle payroll processing by yourself when you only have a few employees – there isn’t too much to keep track of, and you can easily resolve problems quickly. As your company scales up, what was once a small task can quickly become something that’s not as manageable. You might even have a run in with the IRS if you make a mistake. Feeling helpless? An outside payroll service like Payroll Vault may be just what you need to get back on track.
Our payroll service, overseen by Blair Motl, provides unmatched client service and powerful scalable solutions that meet the needs of all types of businesses. The benefits of outsourcing your payroll can make a significant difference in the success of your business and your work-life balance. Here are some of the benefits of outsourcing your payroll:
You’ll Save Time
A few hours spent on payroll every week can really add up throughout the year. Whether you’re processing the paperwork yourself or hiring internal staff to do it, you’re in a fight against the clock. There aren’t enough hours in the day for one person to handle the responsibilities of several full-time employees. Payroll tasks are a lot like the backstage of a theatrical production — important, but what really matters is what happens on the main stage. For businesses, your sales and other revenue generating activities should be front and center.
You’ll Save Money
As the saying goes, time is money, and that is especially true for business owners. It’s typically more costly to hire an internal accountant or payroll specialist than to outsource the job. When you choose Motl Accounting, you get all the benefits of an in-house accountant, without the added expenses. What that means for your business is that you can call our Motl Accounting office in Dundee, IL at any time and speak to a member of our accounting bookkeeping and payroll team. Someone that is familiar with your account will be available to answer your payroll concerns. It’s a fast, reliable and easy way to handle tasks that could otherwise cause financial headaches. Our Payroll Vault team assists by ensuring you have the right tools in place to save you money.
Our systems are used by an amusement park in the Dundee area and Payroll Vault helps them ensure employees are correctly logging in. This, in turn, helps the business save money since payroll is done digitally and not through physical time sheets which are prone to more errors.
You will Stress Less
We all know the feeling of spending extra hours in the office to get things done. Sometimes workplace responsibilities mean that business owners can’t give their friends and family the attention they’d like to give. When this goes on for too long, it can take a toll on a person’s mental wellbeing. Payroll should never get in the way of your personal life. When you start to dread going to work because you know payroll responsibilities are coming up, it’s time to look into outside options. Our co-owner and EA Brent Motl always stresses the fact that we at Motl Accounting and Payroll Vault are in the business of providing peace of mind to our clients.
You Will Get Payroll Experts
Payroll is a meticulous process with small details you may not have the expertise to handle on your own. Tax tables, regulatory changes, new government forms and withholdings are important pieces of the payroll puzzle. In the past, only large corporations were able to stay on top of every payroll detail. Small and medium sized businesses were often left to fend for themselves and many relied on a costly accountant on staff. Outsourcing your payroll to the Motl Accounting team makes sense — both from a business and common sense perspective. Our team is highly experienced and trained on the ins and outs of payroll processing.
Running a business has its perks, but taking care of payroll isn’t one of them. There’s nothing glamorous about devoting your attention to pay stubs, direct deposit or tax forms. So when you feel like your head’s about to explode, allow yourself the luxury of calling Payroll Vault to check all the payroll boxes for you. You will be able to devote more attention to growing your business and the more you grow your business, the more employees there are to handle payroll for. We understand that you don’t take business decisions lightly, so contact Blair Motl and the Payroll team to see how we can help with your payroll. Start growing without unnecessary stress today! We work with businesses all throughout the Chicago area.
Regardless of the size of your business, whether you’re a three-person operation, a thirty-employee small business, a company of 200 strong, or even larger, there are certain things you must consider about how you pay your employees.
For small businesses especially, the conundrum may lie between paying your employees yourself and utilizing an outsourced payroll service. If you happen to be well versed in payroll tax laws, and have an in-depth understanding of accounting, dealing with your business’s payroll may not be such a big deal – but for those of us who are not up-to-speed on the ever-changing myriad of tax policies, a payroll service might be the better option.
Now that you’ve determined that you should outsource your payroll services, it’s time to delve into choosing the right payroll service for your specific business. (more…)