You had a passion to start a business and provide services or products to many customers and fortunately, you are finally there! Your efforts are making your business grow quickly and you are realizing how busy you are becoming to not have time for all the things you used to. One of those could be your bookkeeping and financials. There are more moving parts to a fast growing business and having great financials to help you run and manage the business successfully is of great importance. Great bookkeeping is vital to measuring and understanding your business, so you can manage it as it grows or have the right records for potential investors or lenders. It ultimately helps you monitor your cash flow and make wise business decisions while staying compliant. Here are a few reasons to consider keeping up to date with your bookkeeping if your business is experiencing rapid growth.
Cash Flow Management
Keeping up with your bookkeeping daily and weekly lets you know how your cash flow is so you can better manage your business operations. Knowing how much is needed to keep the operation going versus what’s currently on hand gives you the opportunity to make smart and quick decisions. With growth comes the possibility for many financial surprises and opportunities and not understanding your cash flow can lead to stressful times for a business owner.
Well organized books let you know where your profits and losses are coming from. By analyzing your books, you’ll have a bird’s-eye view on what’s working or not operationally before it’s too late. This gives you the opportunity to know where to invest in more or where to cut or reduce cost, production or service. This means your accounting books provide opportunities for you to continuously take your business to the next level.
Many business owners come to realize they need capital at a moments notice and keeping up to date with bookkeeping can be very beneficial in this instance. Cleaning up several months of your books at once can lead to errors, wrong data and be time consuming. Investors and lenders typically ask for information on your books and mostly assist those who have clean books and a good idea on how they spend and receive money.
There are additional reasons as to why daily and weekly monitoring the financials of a fast growing business is important. When to consider an accountant that can help as your business grows is an important yet sometimes daunting decision. We have helped several clients with making the right decisions to grow their business at Motl Accounting. Our accounting practices provide you the information you need to make sound business decisions during the course of your rapid growth. We have accountants, dedicated bookkeepers and payroll specialists on staff to help our clients. We pride ourselves in providing peace of mind accounting practices so our clients can focus on other important demands of growing their business.
Is your business experiencing rapid growth? Contact us at our West Dundee, IL location at 847-426-2100 or via our website. We’d be pleased to let you know how we can assist your business during the fast growing phase and also how we can help you grow
Growing as a business is certainly of importance to most business owners. After all, you will want your company to flourish and continue to experience growth for many years to come. However, in order for your business to head in a positive direction, it helps to utilize proper financial planning and analyzing…that’s where an accountant comes into play!
Are you aware of how accountants can benefit your own business? Many might believe an accountant just helps with the crunching of numbers, but you’ll be surprised that great accounting practices actually help businesses grow and generate more profits in the process.
We understand just how beneficial an accountant can be for a business! We have helped several businesses in the Chicagoland area and provided them with great information that’s helped their businesses. That’s why we have gathered five ways in which accountants can help a business grow by working with an accountant like Motl Accounting in Dundee, Illinois. If you would like to discover what these ways are, be sure to continue reading:
- Creates Budgets & Forecasts Reporting. It’s important that every business has a plan for their future. Therefore, you will want to set up goals to achieve over the next year, as well as create charts and graphs to keep yourself on track and complete them. By working with an accountant, you can have reports created which will showcase how your fixed and variable costs compare with your sales volume throughout the year, providing you with knowledge of the market conditions that you will need for profitable growth.
- Discovers Key Performance Indicators. Every business has key performance indicators. If you are in retail, you might use inventory turnover for construction or it might be job costing. Your accountant should assist you with discovering yours, as well as advise on methods to set up reports, allowing you to see how they perform over time so that you can make the best decisions for your business for its future growth.
- Maintains Cash Flow Projections. If there is one thing you want to understand as a business, it’s your cash flow! After all, without cash your business wouldn’t be able to operate at the level you’d want it to. An accountant will create financial reports right out of your accounting software which will assist you with planning your key performance indicators and properly maintaining your cash flow. It’s important to know how to expand your product lines, increase direct costs and add employees in a way that keeps your cash flowing just as it should.
- Determines Your Businesses Value. It’s important that you know the value of your business so that you can plan for your future. Seeing as opportunities or life events can present themselves at any time, you will want to know how much your business is worth, given the current market conditions. An accountant can assist you with getting to determine your businesses value, so that you can maximize it and your tax liability. We have professionals we partner with at Molt Accounting that help our clients with business valuations.
- Creates Advisory Boards. For your business to remain fiscally strong and healthy, you will want to be advised and know what to expect for the years to come. An accountant will work with you to develop a system so that you can forecast budgets, cash flow management and an overall financial analysis for your business. This way you can monitor your goals and business growth through a dashboard and ensure that it is always headed in a positive direction.
These are just a few ways in which an accountant like us can assist your own business with growing.
Are you ready to work with an accountant in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago to grow your own business and provide your peace of mind in the process? If so, please get in touch with us one of our accounting therapists at Motl Accounting, as we would be pleased with the opportunity to assist you with doing so!
In order to maintain a successful business, it’s advisable to work on keeping your finances in check. Bookkeeping is the recording of financial transactions made by your business and is an essential aspect of ensuring that your accounting remains on track.
Overall, bookkeeping is similar to going to the doctor…no one wants to take the time to do it, but it is something that can’t be neglected. Therefore, in order to save you time and to have confidence in your business’s finances, you should consider outsourcing your bookkeeping operations to a vetted bookkeeper.
We understand just how important it is for your business operations to run smoothly! Our award winning accounting services provide bookkeeping for several businesses in Dundee, IL and neigbouring cities That’s why we at Motl Accounting have gathered some benefits of hiring a bookkeeper for your own business. If you are looking to gain some great insights, here they are:
- Prevents Errors. Even the most experienced business owners make mistakes when it comes to their books. From data entry errors, missing entries, double entries and even mixing up types of expenses, there is certainly a great deal of room for errors to occur. By hiring a bookkeeper, you can ensure that their keen eye won’t miss any errors.
- Saves You Time. You are busy as a business professional! Do you really want to spend time managing your books and paying bills when there are other areas of the business that need more of your attention. Bookkeepers know when it’s time to spend within your budget, along with accurately invoicing and handling your accounts receivable. By hiring a bookkeeper, you can have more time to focus on your business operations, while also having confidence that your bills are paid on time.
- Provides You with Insight. As a business owner, you may believe that you have a good sense about the state of your business’s finances. However, having another pair of eyes overseeing yours could provide you with some surprising insight! Bookkeepers typically provide reports that show you how your business is doing each month, where the funds are going and how your efforts are paying off. This way you can see the big picture once the numbers are crunched and learn of areas where you may need to make improvements.
- Saves You Money. Without money you wouldn’t be profitable as a business. Therefore, saving it in any way that you can is certainly of importance! The salary and benefits of hiring an in-house bookkeeper can be significant. So by outsourcing your bookkeeping services, you can save a great deal of money while still having your finances taken care of.
A bookkeeper is a wonderful asset to a business! Our clients appreciate the relationships they have with their dedicated bookkeepers and the technology we have for them to have access to their statements at their convenience. These are just a few of the many reasons as to why you should consider hiring your own.
If you are ready to learn about our bookkeeping services, or ready to have us assist you, please get in touch with us here at Motl Accounting. As a leader in the Northwest Suburbs, we would be pleased to have the opportunity to assist your business with our award winning accounting services.