Working under the supervision of the manager, perform complete bookkeeping duties for our small business clients in a dedicated and professional manner, as if you were an employee of the client.
- Follow company procedures and systems. Maintain independence as to our relationship with our clients and discuss any of these issues or questions with your manager or the owner of the firm.
- Review and prepare client accounting data and enter for computer preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Review monthly financial reports for accuracy, completeness, and reasonableness
- Reconcile bank statements and notify clients of adjustments to their checkbook balances
- Do payroll check writing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable, if applicable
- Maintain accurate and complete work papers and journal entries in the detailed general ledger to provide an easy and understandable audit trail
- Prepare accurate and timely payroll tax deposits, quarterly payroll tax returns, and year-end W-2s and 1099s
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Provide accurate filing instructions to clients for all payroll and sales tax reports
- Maintain subsidiary records for fixed assets, loan balances, and other accounts deemed necessary by the manager
- Analyze and reconcile accounts as required by the manager
- Communicate with clients regarding timely and proper reporting and maintain complete and accurate flow sheets of data
- Prepare IRS and State payroll and sales tax correspondence in a professional and timely manner for the manager to review and sign
- Prepare miscellaneous reports for clients as required
- Prepare monthly practice management reports as required
- Answer telephone, perform daily and weekly administrative duties