Completely responsible for all tax matters in a section of clients in a dedicated and professional manner, as if you were the owner of the accounting firm. Managing your section is like managing an accounting firm within an accounting firm.
- Prepare tax returns, both business and personal, for clients
- Maintain a control log of production details
- Maintain a log of time spent vs. fees collected
- Distribute business questionnaires prior to the year-ends
- Distribute personal organizers on January 15.
- Process the 13th month for each client
- Assign and coordinate with tax preparers, if applicable
- Make contact in November and December (either through meetings or telephone conferences) with ALL clients to finalize any tax planning
- Review and distribute final returns to clients
- Handle client tax questions
- Handle any correspondence from taxing authorities